Speaking in front of a crowd can be a nerve-racking experience for any entrepreneur, marketer or executive. That’s why Reesa Woolf PhD, founder of ConfidentSpeaking.com is here to help. Check out our interview to learn more about her speech coaching services along with her expert tips for why public speaking is essential.
- Please tell us about yourself and your business.
I am Reesa Woolf PhD, the Executive Speaking Trainer. I facilitate executives to speak confidently in front of any group, no matter how intimidating. No more speaking anxiety; only attention-getting deliveries of their messages. www.ConfidentSpeaking.com. I write/rewrite talks and fine-tune authentic stage presence.
- You provide speech-coaching services for entrepreneurs (awesome). What inspired you want to do this?
My mind has expertise in identifying the particular things each person can do to be a truly engaging speaker. I’m clever at pulling best performances out of each person. They leave amazed that their Big Problem is solved.
- If you had to pick 3 top tips for why entrepreneurs, marketers and CEO’s should consider speech coaching, what would they be?
- It does not matter how smart and qualified you are if you cannot express your ideas clearly to others.
- Learning how to speak well in front of small and large groups is not a humiliating experience. I guarantee you will be able to do this with minimal discomfort.
- You can’t expect your staff to speak convincingly if you still haven’t mastered it.
- You are the author of Executive Speaking in a Weekend.
Please tell us more about that publication.
Executives want quick tips on their specific issues such as holding attention, reducing speaking stress, more engaging writing, delivering bad news and motivating. The book format makes it easy to skip around most relevant issues.
- What is one of the biggest challenges you’ve faced as a speaker and / or coach, and how did you rise to overcome that challenge?
Bosses think people on their staff are stuck with problematic speaking skills. After a 2-day training, people get to the point, are succinct and will smooth an accent. Their qualified people who are held back only by communication skills are now more valuable employees.
- Any parting words of wisdom for entrepreneurs?
“Never, never, never give up.” Winston Churchill