I recently had the chance to interview Saejah, the owner of Diamond Glam Cosmetics, the new cosmetics company that is making a mark on the beauty industry. From luxurious matte lipsticks, to high definition highlights, Diamond Glam’s vivid colors are sure to add a little pizzaz to your routine. Check out our conversation below, to learn more about this dazzling success story.
- Hi! Please tell us more about yourself and your cosmetics company, Diamond Glam.
Hi! My name is Saejah, and I’m the owner of Diamond Glam Cosmetics. Diamond Glam is a fashion-forward beauty brand. We carry a variety of boldly pigmented lip colors, shimmering highlights, mink lashes and more. Our product line is gluten-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free.
- When did you first know that you wanted to start your own cosmetics brand? What was that moment like?
I’ve been into makeup for as long as I can remember. It’s always been exciting to me. When I was a little girl, I loved getting dolled up in dresses and playing in lipstick. I eventually became a makeup artist, where my passion grew. Later, I opened my own medical aesthetics and laser spa. I love the idea of helping others look and feel beautiful from the outside in.
- What was one of the most challenging aspects of launching your business, and how did you rise to overcome that challenge?
When you start anything that is new, there will be challenges. I’d have to say that one of my biggest personal challenges was letting go of fear to fully launch the brand. I overcame this by focusing my energy on my goals. The more I focused on my goals, the more the brand emerged.
- If you were stuck on an island, what top 3 beauty items would you want to have with you and why?
Ha! That’s a tough one. I’d have to say:
- Does bottled water count as a “beauty” item? If so, this would be my first item. Can’t survive without it!
- My second item would be a mirror. Outside of its traditional use, I could use it to start a fire (to cook food) and to signal to be rescued.
- The last item I’d have would be Diamond Glam Liquid Lipstick, in the color Honey Bee. It’s subtle, yet glamorous and would be the perfect pick me up to brighten up my day, until I could get off the island.
- Our audience mostly consists of entrepreneurs. Any expert tips for someone considering entering the beauty industry?
The beauty industry is a tough, but rewarding industry. Although things look posh and glitzy on the outside, there is a lot of hard work that goes on behind the scenes. You have to be ready to roll your sleeves up and “get dirty”. If you are willing to work hard on your dreams, anything is possible.
- What’s next for Diamond Glam in 2017?
I recently partnered with Deanne Vanwinkle, Las Vegas makeup artist, in launching Fame Lashes. They are really popular right now. We also have some other exciting things in the works. Follow us on Facebook to learn more.