The Brewers Association, a nonprofit for American craft brewers, is celebrating the winners of its very first diversity and inclusion event grants program. This announcement came in on Tuesday, May 7 on the Brewers Association’s website. The funding was awarded to a total of six regionally held events and amounted to the sum of $20,000. The winners were selected from a pool of 51 applicants, grand total. The grants will help support regional and local events that highlight diversity within the craft brewing industry. Such events spotlight African Americans, Latinx, women, and more in the craft beer community.
Award recipients include:
- Held by: Raices Brewing Company
- Location of Event: Denver, Colorado
- Date: September 14, 2019
- Description: Suave Fest aims to expand the awareness of Latino contributions in the craft beer industry. The festival will highlight themes of family and community.
Fresh Fest Beer Fest
- Held by: Fresh Fest Beer Fest, LLC
- Event Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Date: August 9-11, 2019
- Description: Fresh Fest Beer Fest is the first black brew fest in the USA. The festival will celebrate its 2nd year with an exciting selection of black-owned breweries. It will also highlight breweries that collaborate with black artists and entrepreneurs from Pennsylvania as well as other areas.
- Held by: Great Lakes Brewing Company
- Location of Event: Cleveland, Ohio
- Date: July 11, 2019
- Description: Tapping Opportunity is an employment fair that will bring together personnel from local craft breweries. The event will bring light to the vast number of career opportunities that are available in the greater Cleveland community.
HeART and Soul Brew Fest
- Held by: Like the Fruit, LLC
- Location of Event: Richmond, Virginia
- Date: July 27, 2019
- Description: HeART and Soul Brew Fest puts a soulful spin on the craft beer industry by featuring urban music, urban art, soul food, and craft beer. The event hosts over 20 black-owned restaurants, as well as food and beverage vendors to Hardywood Park Craft Brewery.
Beers With(out) Beards
- Held by: Hop Culture
- Location of Event: Brooklyn, New York
- Date: August 10, 2019
- Description: Beer With(out) Beards creatively celebrates women in beer. The event is a weeklong occasion that inspires conversations that uplift and highlight women in the beer and brewing industry.
Craft Beer Employment Fair
- Organization: Mass Bay Brewing Company
- Event Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Event Date: Fall 2019
- Description: This event will cover appreciation of diversity and inclusion as it relates to the brewing industry. There will be career opportunities to a diverse demographic in Boston.