THE LATE BLOOM WAS STARTED AS A PLATFORM TO LAUNCH THE NOVEL, THE CONSEQUENCE OF CHANCE, BY AUTHOR L. LAMONT, WHICH WAS COMPLETED OCTOBER 18TH, 2014. WITH THAT, CONSIDERATION FOR EXPLORING OTHER INTEREST ASIDE FROM LITERATURE SUCH AS LIFESTYLE IN REGARDS TO FASHION, TRAVEL, AND CULTURE BECAME AN EXTENDED FOCUS FOR THOSE LOOKING TO BE INFORMED FROM A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE. OUR AIM IS TO ENLIGHTEN AND INSPIRE A WILLINGNESS TO TAKE THAT TRIP OVERSEAS, CONSIDER A CHANGE IN YOUR STYLE, OR TASTING THAT CULTURALLY ECCENTRIC DISH WITH AN OPEN MIND. DON’T TALK ABOUT IT…BE ABOUT IT!
- Tell us about your book?
– “The Consequence of Chance” is a story of rags to riches and love, mixed in a bowl of hot mess. The lead character’s life does a complete 180, but he was never prepared for any of it. However, he learns that the best things in life are free.
- Why did you become an author?
– I became an author out of a need to develop a storyline that wouldn’t leave me alone. I would often imagine what life would be like to win the lottery, and how that could change a person. But I’ve always had a love for writing since middle school.
- What message do you want readers to take from your book?
– The most important message, besides living your best life, is to be grateful for life itself. As we earn the degrees and get the promotions, somewhere along the way, we get complacent and forget the struggles we had to et where we are. Don’t forget, but we grateful for the now to earn the future!
- Give us a few lines from your book that will make us want more!
– “For all the hustle and bustle of 5:30 mornings, motivated by debt. Driving through traffic for a career I loved and a job I hated. For all the student loans, credit cards and car payments meant to enslave me. For living by “faith” every two weeks like a mouse stuck on the wheel of perpetuity. For this self-inflicted insanity, my “exodus” had finally come. On Saturday, October 16th, 2010 I looked desperation and generational poverty in the eyes, and screamed, “Fuck you!” The Mega-ball, multi-state lottery drawing of $325 million dollars had become my early birthday gift.”
- Where can we purchase your book?
- What’s next for you?
– I’m currently working on my next novel, slated for a fall release. This one is a love story, but with a twist. Follow me @thellamont for details along the way! #therevival